Monday, February 14, 2011

CR06

This week's topic of the remixing was so interesting! Although, at first, I was a bit confused as to how the laws of  copy writing would somehow relate back to our topic of design. It did come back around full circle and I was intrigued by the talent of remix artists who blend all sorts of music to make a new and completely different sound.  I don't see the wrong in it, as long as these remix artists are being open with the fact that they are taking pieces of other artist's work.  I think its a way to express one's self in a new fresh way and many people seem to enjoy this new genre of music! I don't understand why musicians (or record companies) would go to such extremes over these things.  If I wanted to memorize a song and sing it over and over for everyone to enjoy (if I were a talented singer) then I could do so and wouldn't get in trouble for it. So why all the trouble for someone to remix a song and throw a sick beat behind it??

No comments:

Post a Comment